At present the constitution of the Old Scholar's Association allows any ex pupil of Ackworth School to join the Association. Now that Ackworth boasts a junior school in addition to the secondary school, this means that you don't have to have left school at 16 or 18 in order to join.
In addition to receiving an Annual Report and having the opportunity to attend events organised around the country, with a membership that is currently around 2000 strong the benefits of being a member are many. For example:
- Stay in touch with your peer group from school for the foreseeable future, not just for the next few years
- Meet new friends and other old scholars
- Stay in touch with the school
- Join an extended family that can provide friendship, advice and support to help with life beyond school
Currently two fee paying membership types are offered:
- Annual Membership : yearly fee of £15.00 due on Founders Day
- Life Membership : one-off fee of at least £210. (If you are considering taking out life membership we ask you to consider paying more if possible to help support the AOSA throughout your life, not just the next 14 years!)
For annual membership you can pay by Yearly Standing Order. Contact the Membership Secretary for details.
How to Join
If you are a current pupil of the School and leave at the end of the 5th or 6th form then you will become a Life Long Member of the AOSA (New membership category).
Otherwise please contact the Membership Secretary for information and provide your name, current address and dates at school.
Changed Address ?
VERY IMPORTANT! If you are a member of AOSA and have recently changed your address, please send a change of address notification to the Membership Secretary so that you can be kept informed about the Association and receive your annual report etc.
We have a list of members for whom we do not hold current addresses. If your name appears on the missing members list or you know someone on this list please get in touch with your/their correct details.
16 Woodbrook Close,
New Marske, Redcar,
Tel: +44 (0) 1642 481281
Email: mikeandannabel at hotmail.com